◊ Detailed project report is the base document for planning and implementing the project.
◊ Preparation of detailed project report is a main step in firming up the proposal.
◊ When an investment proposal has been approved on the basis of functional report and the proposal is a major proposal, it would be necessary for detailed project report to firm up the proposal for the capital cost as well as the various facilities.
◊ It includes:
- Examination of technological parameters.
- Description of the technology to be used.
- Broad technical specification.
- Evaluation of the existing resources.
- Schedule of Plan.
- General layout.
- Volume of work
- Project description, Hydrology, geology, survey, design, drawing, estimate, Power Generation, Environment, financial Analysis,
- Planning and implementation of the project.
- Pert chart.
Based on the above facts, prepared DPR for the various projects as follows:
a) Solar Project in Tamil Nadu
b) Gas projects in Tamil Nadu and Karnataka
c) Hydro projects in Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh